FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Sunday, January 14, 2018

FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS ...


For thousands of years, 
cats 
have roamed the streets of the city
 now known as Istanbul.

They have watched empires rise and fall.

They have endured as the city cycled 
through famine and feast.

And through it all, 
they have had no single master.

Instead in a strange love affair,

the city's inhabitants care for them 
in admiration of their
grace and independence.


The Turkish documentary, 
Kedi,
 is sweet and loving, 
filled with beautiful visuals of cats
 and the surprisingly moving 
and fanciful thoughts
of those who know them.


Midnight and I drift off to sleep
watching the fluid tracking shots 
filmed at cat eye level. 


If you are a cat lover
or interested in foreign cultures,
try Kedi.

You won't be sorry.

10 comments:

  1. I like cats and have had various ones as pets throughout my life. This does look like an interesting view at 'cat eye level'. Thanks for the info, Roland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it if you see it on YouTube. :-) Midnight wants to go to Istanbul for the free food!

      Delete
  2. My aunt and uncle loved it and I want to see it. Is it still available only on Amazon RedBox?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy it on Amazon video for $8 or as a Blu Ray or DVD from $22 to $25 https://www.amazon.com/Kedi-Blu-ray-Sari/dp/B074486RBN/

      It is heart-warming and gives us a view into the hearts of the everyday people of Istanbul with no political agenda coloring the perspective.

      I think you will like it, Diane. :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Roland - it is I gather a lovely film - I didn't see it when it came out, I was into caring mode at that stage, so thank you for reminding me about it ... I must sometime get to see it. Especially as I'll get that view of Istanbul - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will be enchanted by it. Just as I was enchanted, though an adult, with Paddington 2, filmed in London: dare to believe in the magic of innocence. :-)

      Delete
  4. I read about this movie a couple months ago and wanted to see it. Thanks for the reminder--now it's time to watch the kitty flick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I used to be a cat lover. At least, I grew up with cats and for the most part adored them. When I left home I realized how much they shed, and then allergies came along... *sigh* It looks like a wonderful movie.

    ReplyDelete